Typically when a client comes to us they have a mindset that their website content should be all about them. But if they want their website to bring in business that’s the wrong attitude. You have to tell the site visitor how you can help them. They are there looking to solve a problem – whether it’s looking for a product or a service – they need some kind of help. You – as the business owner – have to tell them how you’re going to solve the problem.
Here are some examples:
- If you’re a CPA they don’t just want you to do their taxes. They want to know how you can help save them money on those taxes and get the most out of deductions. (smarttaxadvisor.com)
- If you’re a retirement home they don’t just want to know about the meals and staff. They want to know that their loved one is going to be active and cared for just like they would. (new site under development)
- If you’re an association they want to know not only the tangible benefits of increased income or discounts but the intangible benefits such as education to learn about green building, improved processes, lowering costs, etc., before they decide to make the commitment to join. (bragb.org)
- If you’re a financial advisor they don’t want to how you do what you do but that you’ve got their particular interests in mind when you invest their money. (qmicapital.com)
- If you’re a glass shop they don’t just want to know that you’ll come in and install their frameless glass shower enclosure but that you understand how to do it so it’s level, so the doors will close and not leak and that you’ve got the experience to do it right. (signatureglassinc.com)
These are clients we work with on an on-going basis and help guide them in the right direction. All of them started out with a web site but moved on to a social media campaign when the site was done. This allows us to continue to tell their story and to get their message out in front of potential clients consistently.
So many other web developers will take whatever content they are given and go to work. Not here at Simple Wizardry. We get to know your business, sometimes by digging in and constantly asking questions. That way we can portray how really unique your business is because you take it for granted. We are our clients’ Virtual Internet Marketing Department.
If you are struggling with your message and your web site isn’t bringing in business let’s have a conversation. Simply call 508-697-4027 or send us an email through our contact form and we’ll be in touch.